Trick Box – Building Healthy Life Habits
Trick Box is a simple, fun and effective whole school, whole family, emotional management and personal development programme, which supports children and their families.
To support children’s emotional health and wellbeing, we are going to be using the Trick Box programme throughout the school in the coming weeks and months introducing one trick each week. The programme is designed to be used both at home and at school to give children strategies for developing resilience and effective communication.
Trick Box helps children to:
- Recognise and self-manage emotions
- Develop mindful awareness and mind-body connection
- Build awareness and choices around body language signals
- Create confident decision making
- Set and achieve positive goals
- Develop communication skills to enhance interpersonal relationships
- Problem solve and create solution thinking
- Create intrinsic motivation and the confidence to try new things in new ways
- Create long term personal autonomy and resilience
All of the above skills will be introduced and reinforced through sequential 15-minute habit forming tricks with one trick taught each week in school using simple, child-friendly trick cards.
In order for you to support your child in embedding these skills there are sets of small trick cards available for you to buy from the school office at a cost of £5.00. Each card has a stick character depiction of the skill for ease of recognition on the front and a brief explanation of the trick on the back. There is no expectation for you to purchase the cards; they are simply a resource that can be used to support your child at home if you wish to do so.
Here is a presentation for parents and carers to provide more information.
You can also visit the Trick Box website: