Friday 21st June 2019
If you have completed your individualised spelling lists, please learn the spellings below.
All individual spellings will be written in Home School Diaries.
Your Spelling Rule
In accordance with the school’s spelling policy, a ‘Secret 5’ spelling test will take place this week so we can gain as many house points before they stop being awarded ready for ‘Gold’ assembly. You will be tested on 5 random spellings taken from the last two spellings tests, so please re-familiarise yourselves with all of these words in preparation for the test. This will be the last week of spellings.
Your Spelling Words
- Although I prefer chips, I like roasted potatoes.
- Occasionally, the two friends would sit on separate tables.
- “One more minute,” the teacher called at the end of the test.
- T-shirts are often designed in various colours.
- The trains were running at regular intervals.
- Horrid Henry was sat on the naughty step.
- The man was very particular in his choice of newspaper.
Please learn spellings ready for a test on Thursday 27th June
Times tables homework
In school next week you will be practising the 8 times tables. The main focus is on increasing your mental recall speed for these times tables facts. You could practise using Times Tables Rockstars.
To help learn the 8 times tables we would like you to make an 8 times table fortune tell then complete the mosaic homework sheet.
You should also ensure you are reading to an adult at home at least 3 times a week and record this in your home school diary. Remember 20 reads = a house point!
All school library books need to be returned by Thursday 11th July to allow Mrs Martin time to get all the books back and stock take ready for the new academic year. From 24th June you may bring your own book from home.