Child & Family Support Worker
Hello, I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Alison Carpenter and I am the Child & Family Support Worker. I have worked at Freegrounds Junior School for over 19 years employed as a Learning Support Assistant. I am also the lead practitioner for overseeing the Emotional Literacy programmes we run in school (ELSA and FEIPS). Please see more information about these programmes on the tab below.
I am here to offer support and advice to you and your child/children, and here are some examples:
- Supporting you to overcome your child’s barriers to learning;
- Supporting you to become involved with, and have a voice in, the life of the school as well as offering support when your child joins our school;
- Supporting with school attendance;
- Support with behaviour at home and at school;
- Supporting you with skills and techniques to gain confidence in positive parenting;
- Sign-posting to relevant agencies;
If you would like a friendly chat you can contact me via the school office or look out for me at the school gates most mornings. I can also be contacted Monday to Friday, 8.30am-3.30pm by calling or texting my school mobile phone, the number is: – 07547847800.
I am always happy to hear from anyone and can arrange to have a chat away from the hustle and bustle of the main reception area, perhaps over a cup of tea or coffee and I am more than happy to meet with you outside of school at a local coffee shop or at your home.