Friday 17th May 2019
If you have completed your individualised spelling lists, please learn the spellings below.
All individual spellings will be written in Home School Diaries. Individual spellers do not need to prepare for a secret test.
Your Spelling Rule
In accordance with the school’s spelling policy, a ‘Secret 5’ spelling test will take place on the last week of each half-term. You will be tested on 5 random spellings taken from the last three spellings tests, so please re-familiarise yourselves with all of these words in preparation for the test.
Your Spelling Words
- The opposite of clockwise is anticlockwise.
- The doctor put antiseptic cream on his wound.
- By ignoring everybody in the room, she was being very antisocial.
- He couldn’t walk under a ladder because he was superstitious.
- Some people believe in supernatural experiences.
- William Shakespeare happily finished his latest play.
- The explorer easily navigated his way across the Atlantic.
- Henry gently patted his horse.
- Henry simply got rid of wives when he didn’t want them anymore.
- Basically, Tudors’ teeth were rotten because they brushed them with soot.
- It was just an ordinary day.
- We will probably have a lot of good weather in the summer.
- We are learning the correct position to stand for relay in athletics.
- You need to throw the javelin with all your strength.
- Sports day is popular because of the competition between houses.
Please learn spellings ready for a test on Thursday 23rd May
For the next few weeks we are concentrating on making sure children can tell the time using a standard analogue clock (with minute and hour hands) in preparation for our unit on time. We would like you to complete the sheet to practise analogue and digital times.
Please use your handwriting homework book to practise your spellings. Put the short date at the top of the page and then pick 5 of the words above that you find the trickiest and copy them out 5 times in your neatest joined handwriting.
(Individual spellers with more words, please write out your spellings 4 times)
Times tables- TT Rockstars
In school next week you will be practising the 9 times tables. The main focus is on increasing your mental recall speed for these times tables facts.
You should also ensure you are reading to an adult at home at least 3 times a week and record this in your home school diary. Remember 20 reads = a house point!