Please complete the reading comprehension worksheet given to you by your teacher. Don’t forget to ask your teacher before Thursday if you need any help.
Please use your handwriting homework book to practise your spellings. Put the short date at the top of the page and then write each of the words below in your neatest joined handwriting.
Your Spelling Rule
In accordance with the school’s spelling policy, a ‘Secret 4’ spelling test will take place on the last week of each half-term. You will be tested on 4 random spellings taken from this half terms spelling tests, so please re-familiarise yourselves with all of these words in preparation for the test. You will receive one housepoint for each spelling you get correct.
Your Spelling Words in sentences
- There was a brief pause in discussion when the children needed to be patient.
- My friend and I went to play at the neighbour’s house.
- The height of the building was measured in metres.
- Some foreign countries have an ancient language that was written thousands of years ago.
- The symbol of the community centre was an oak tree.
- The doctor made a thorough examination of his stomach.
- As we grow up, we develop our own identity.
- My friends know how to embarrass me!
Please learn your spellings ready for a Secret 4 spelling test on Wednesday 3rd April.
Times tables- TT Rockstars
In school next week you will be practising your 3, 4 and 6 times tables. The main focus is on increasing your mental recall speed for these times tables facts. You can practise at home by logging on to TT Rockstars and earning coins for each times table fact you answer correctly.
You should ensure you are reading to an adult at home at least 3 times a week and record this in your home school diary. Remember 20 reads = one housepoint!
Home school diaries
Please make sure home school diaries are signed each week. Home school diaries should be in school each day as they are often used to share informal messages and test results will be recorded in them each week.