Friday 29th March 2019
If you have completed your individualised spelling lists, please learn the spellings below.
All individual spellings will be written in Home School Diaries. Individual spellers do not need to prepare for a secret test.
Your Spelling Rule
In accordance with the school’s spelling policy, a ‘Secret 5’ spelling test will take place on the last week of each half-term. You will be tested on 5 random spellings taken from the last five spellings tests, so please re-familiarise yourselves with all of these words in preparation for the test.
Your Spelling Words
- Hiccup’s dragon was unique in many ways.
- The Viking antique belonged to the chief’s children.
- Despite the vague instructions, Fishlegs found the dragons’ home.
- Snotlout could be described as the rogue of the tribe.
- The tongue of common garden dragons is black from the fire it breathes.
- Excitedly, the magician pulled a rabbit out of the hat.
- Next week, the politician will tell us her plans.
- Rapidly, I cut out a fraction of the pizza.
- Unfortunately, the group had been travelling in the wrong direction.
- Sternly, the teacher told the class to, “Pay attention!”
- Hiccup’s dad, the chief, was furious.
- Fishlegs believed he was being courageous.
- The dragon named Green Death was a very dangerous dragon.
- Variousspecies of dragon circled the bay.
- The bite of a Fireworm dragon is poisonous.
- The girl took her Brownie Guide promise.
- A special present was bought for mother’s day.
- The natural landscape was beautiful.
- What knowledge have you gained today?
- The pool is closed therefore we will go to the park.
Please learn spellings ready for a test on Thursday 4th March
Please use your handwriting homework book to practise your spellings. Put the short date at the top of the page and then pick 5 of the words above that you find the trickiest and copy them out 5 times in your neatest joined handwriting.
(Individual spellers with more words, please write out your spellings 4 times)
Times tables- TT Rockstars
In school next week you will be practising the 4 times tables. The main focus is on increasing your mental recall speed for these times tables facts.
You should also ensure you are reading to an adult at home at least 3 times a week and record this in your home school diary. Remember 20 reads = a house point!