Friday 15th February 2019
As it is half-term this week, there will be no literacy homework, spellings or handwriting set today.
What we would like you to do is:-
You should ensure you are reading to an adult at home at least 3 times a week and record this in your home school diary. Remember 20 reads = a house point!
Please practise your 6 times table as we will be doing Times Table Rockstars based on this table during the first week back.
Play with the Apps that can help you with your maths and spelling
All children have the logins to be able to access these fun, free and educational apps:-
- Times Tables Rockstars – A challenging fun way to learn tables and increase speed in recall
- DoodleMaths – starts by assessing your child’s performance in different areas of Maths and then personalises a programme for them in fun way where they can earn coins along the way.
- DoodleSpell – works in a similar way and builds on the child’s current knowledge to improve their spelling in a fun way earning coins along the way.
- DoodleTables – Another fun way to learn your tables and earn coins.
All the Doodle Apps use the same login which your child should have written in their diary.
Aim for short sessions (10-15 mins) 3 x in the week as a minimum. The more you play the better you get!!
– Every child who uses one of the Apps at least 3 times next week will get a house point.
-There will be bonus housepoints for the child in each class who uses the Apps the most in the week.
– Also, on the reverse of the sheet, there is the February DoodleMaths Challenge recording sheet to help you keep track of your progress. All children returning this will get a house point.
So go for it!! How many house points will you get?
Have a nice half term